The Virology Quality Assurance Program (VQA) is a contract of NIAID/NIH and is designed to provide virology quality assurance/quality control to NIH-supported laboratories conducting virologic assays on patient samples for clinical trials.
VQA Lab Reagent Orders
Laboratories participating in the VQA proficiency testing program can place orders for extra reagents, controls, and panels. Note: A HANC Portal account is required to place orders.
- Place orders with the VQA
- Important Login Update: Previously, each lab group was assigned a username to place orders with the VQA. As of July 26, 2021, users will need to create an individual HANC Portal account to place orders. If you have not set up an individual HANC Portal account, please request a HANC Portal account below.
- Request HANC Portal account
- If you need a HANC Portal account or are having trouble accessing the VQA Lab Reagent Ordering site, please contact us.
VQAAB Meeting Minutes
Minutes of the bi-monthly VQAAB conference calls are provided going back one year.
VQAAB Annual Review Summaries
VQA PT Program Guidelines and Procedures
Key Guidelines for VQA Participants (11Nov2021)
Participation Requirements and Scoring Procedures
- HIV-1 Drug Resistance Sequencing v2.0 (11Nov2021)
- Qualitative HIV-1 Total Nucleic Acid Testing (NAT) PT Program v2.0 (11Nov2021)
- Quantitative HIV-1 RNA PT Program v2.0 (11Nov2021)