The network Statistical and Data Management Centers (SDMCs) have identified key areas in which the sharing of expertise, resources, and procedures will strengthen the capacity and increase the efficiency of data management operations. Most critically, the Data Management Working Groups are concerned with harmonization of data collection processes and coordination of site infrastructure changes.
SDMC partners include:
HANC supports three active data management related working groups:
- The DMC Harmonization Working Group (DMCWG)
- The AIDS Defining Events Working Group (ADEWG)
- The Appendix 100 Working Group (App100WG).
Key DMC Objectives
HANC-facilitated data management working groups address objectives outlined in the HANC work plan.
Current priorities include:
- Ongoing consideration of DAIDS policies affecting network studies.
- Coordinating and harmonizing ongoing activities at DAIDS and the networks around clinical event data collection and adverse event reporting.
- Sharing DMC perspective and feedback to DAIDS leadership and program staff.
- Collaborating with the cross-network Training Committee to identify and address data management training needs.